Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Alan Wang <al...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/06 06:36:45 UTC

Convert xdoc document to PDF

Hi All,

I am writing a program similar to pdf output plugin to convert xdoc pages in
xml document ( xdoc similar to http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/index.xml),
and would like to generate the pdf output using fop (0.95 on Mac os 10.5) as
shown in the following.  However I am getting the following errors from
console.

(Location of error unknown)org.apache.fop.fo.ValidationException:
Error(Unknown location): For fo:simple-page-master, fo:region-body must be
declared before fo:region-before.

1. Where can I find the xsl to convert from xdoc to fo. I find one from
apache forrest
distribution( apache-forrest-0.8/main/webapp/skins/common/xslt/fo/document-to-fo.xsl)?
Or Am I using the wrong one for converting from xdoc to fo?

2. Is anything wrong with my code?

Regards,
Alan

public class fop {
     // configure fopFactory as desired
            FopFactory fopFactory = FopFactory.newInstance();
            fopFactory.setStrictValidation(false);
            fopFactory.setStrictUserConfigValidation(false);

            // configure foUserAgent as desired
            FOUserAgent foUserAgent = fopFactory.newFOUserAgent();

            // Setup output
            OutputStream out = new java.io.FileOutputStream(new
File("mypdf.pdf"));
            out = new java.io.BufferedOutputStream(out);

            // Construct fop with desired output format
            Fop fop = fopFactory.newFop(MimeConstants.MIME_PDF, foUserAgent,
out);

            // Setup XSLT
Transformer transformer = factory.newTransformer(new StreamSource(new
File("/Downloads/apache-forrest-0.8/main/webapp/skins/common/xslt/fo/document-to-fo.xsl")));

            // Set the value of a <param> in the stylesheet
            transformer.setParameter("versionParam", "2.0");

            // Setup input for XSLT transformation
Source src = new StreamSource("http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/index.xml
");

            // Resulting SAX events (the generated FO) must be piped through
to FOP
            Result res = new SAXResult(fop.getDefaultHandler());

            // Start XSLT transformation and FOP processing
            transformer.transform(src, res);

            out.close();
}
}