Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Marcel Schutte <ma...@schutte.com> on 2000/10/14 15:25:23 UTC

Sysproperty and classpath reference

Hi,

With the pending release of ant 1.2 I started to convert my build.xml's. The
new features are great, but I'm having a problem with the following:

<project name="mijnpensioen" basedir=".">
  <path id="classpath">
    <pathelement path="classes" />
    <pathelement path="${jaxpv1.0}" />
  </path>
  <target name="run" depends="init" description="Runs weblogic for this
project">
    <java classname="weblogic.Server"
          fork="yes">
          <sysproperty key="weblogic.class.path"
????value="${classpath}"???? />
          <classpath path="${wl.rtclasspath}"/>
          <jvmarg line="${wl.vmargs}" />
    </java>
  </target>
</project>

So I need to set a regular property (weblogic.class.path) to the value of my
'path like structure'. I'm afraid this is not supported, but can anybody see
a reasonable workaround? I certainly want to keep my classpath definition in
one place. In ant 1.1 it was a simple property, but the new syntax is much
more readable.

Thanks in advance,
Marcel

Re: Sysproperty and classpath reference

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.
An ugly but working solution is to convert the reference into a
property and use this:

  <path id="classpath">
  <property name="converted.classpath" refid="classpath" />
  <sysproperty key="weblogic.class.path" path="${converted.classpath}" />

Stefan