Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by jo...@opencloud.com on 2002/01/27 22:18:29 UTC

Load balancing in Tomcat 4.0.x?

Can load balancing of http request be done using Tomcat 4.0.x and apache, or do you still have to use TC3.3a?

Thank you.

Jonathan.

Re: Load balancing in Tomcat 4.0.x?

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 jonathan@opencloud.com wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 03:02:23PM -0800, Bill Barker wrote:
> > > If you had checked the "Users List" instead of the "Developers List",
you'd
> > > know that load balancing is working with 4.0.2-B2.
> >
> > <red face> Oops, my bad... :) </red face>
> >

> Remy, have the 4.0.2 release notes been updated to reflect this yet?  I
> had a <red face> moment on TOMCAT-USER because of that comment as well :-)

I've updated the online docs to detail the new 'jvmRoute' attribute, as well
as update the page on the AJP connector to mention load balancing. I'll
update the docs again for the final release, as the autoconfiguration
mechanism has been documented by Bill.

I didn't mention it explicitely in the release notes, since I wasn't sure it
was working (I had never tried it, and I didn't get any "Yes it works" email
before the release) ;-)

Remy

Re: Load balancing in Tomcat 4.0.x?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 jonathan@opencloud.com wrote:

> Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 12:04:28 +1300
> From: jonathan@opencloud.com
> To: Tomcat Developers List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Load balancing in Tomcat 4.0.x?
>
> On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 03:02:23PM -0800, Bill Barker wrote:
> > If you had checked the "Users List" instead of the "Developers List", you'd
> > know that load balancing is working with 4.0.2-B2.
>
> <red face> Oops, my bad... :) </red face>

Remy, have the 4.0.2 release notes been updated to reflect this yet?  I
had a <red face> moment on TOMCAT-USER because of that comment as well :-)

> Thanks for the help.
>
> Jonathan.

Craig

Re: Load balancing in Tomcat 4.0.x?