Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Gaurav Dighe <ga...@yahoo.com> on 2012/09/08 13:27:22 UTC

New to Apache TomEE Plus

Hello Sir,

I have downloaded the Apache TomEE Pus from official website of Apache TomEE.

I have followed the instructions given to configure TomEE with eclipse. But when i am trying to develop a Enterprise Application, the server is not showing up in the RunTime.

Could you please guide me to develop the Enterprise Application(Java EE6) using eclipse and Apache TomEE Plus.

Awaiting for your reply.

Regards,
Gaurav Dighe

Re: New to Apache TomEE Plus

Posted by Vishwanath Krishnamurthi <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gaurav,

Can you check this SO thread ?
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2000078/apache-tomcat-not-showing-in-eclipse-server-runtime-environments

Looks related.

Thanks,
Vishwa

Re: New to Apache TomEE Plus

Posted by zeeman <ha...@fastmail.us>.
Start with this guide: http://openejb.apache.org/tomee-and-eclipse.html

To use Tomee from eclipse, it's just like using Tomcat. If you search the
forum you'll find some posts about running Tomee in Eclipse.

Mainly, you need:

download, extract Tomee to a folder.

Install WTF M2e from Eclipse Market place (in help menu), this is maven
plugin for WTP, so web dynamic projects deploy automatically to Tomee.

In eclipse add Tomcat server 7, point to Tomee root folder.

Be sure you have a web dynamic project in Eclipse.

Right click on project, choose properties, deployment assembly be sure only
needed folder are copied with maven. Exclude your test & test/resources
folders.

Right click on your project, choose runwith Tomcat.