Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Thang H. Lai" <th...@rogers.com> on 2005/04/14 18:52:31 UTC

Jetspeed2: Portal Site Detail

Hello, I am trying to use/understand the Portal Site Manager. If I select a
folder, the Portal Site Detail portlet shows a few options, one of which is
"Add Page" and the URL under that link is:
http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/Administrative/%3Cbf:forward%20view='add-page'/%3E

How does this work and if it is not implemented yet, how do I proceed? Where
can I find more info about this feature?

Thank you for any help you could give,

Thang Lai

--
Windows 95 (win'doz nin'ti fiv): n.
    32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit

Re: Jetspeed2: Portal Site Detail

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Thang H. Lai wrote:

> I am willing to do this, but I need a little hand-holding until I am more
> familiar with the procedures. I am thinking about how to propose. Is there
> any document, discussion about this?

Not really. Lets start a discussion on jetspeed-dev

Re: Jetspeed2: Portal Site Detail

Posted by "Thang H. Lai" <th...@rogers.com>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Thang H. Lai wrote:
> Hello, I am trying to use/understand the Portal Site Manager. If I select a
> folder, the Portal Site Detail portlet shows a few options, one of which is
> "Add Page" and the URL under that link is:
> http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/Administrative/%3Cbf:forward%20view='add-page'/%3E
>
> How does this work and if it is not implemented yet, how do I proceed? Where
> can I find more info about this feature?
>
> Thank you for any help you could give,
>
> Thang Lai

The feature is not yet implemented.
The goals of the Portal Site Manager is to:

- allow an administrator to maintain folders and pages (add/edit/delete)
- define security constraints and other attributes to the folders and pages

If you'd like to work on it, please send a proposal to the jetspeed-dev
list and we can continue the discussion there. I'd be glad to help you
work on it as this has been sitting on the back burner for a while now.
Just want to make sure that we all use the same style in the admin
portlets as I'll be cleaning up the admin portlets next week

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software
david@bluesunrise.com