Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Len Harvey <Le...@aems.net> on 2006/05/26 14:30:46 UTC

Update/Checkout fails

When I try to update or checkout I'm getting a message saying this

svn: Can't find a temporary directory

Any ideas?

=================================
Atos Euronext Market Solutions Disclaimer
=================================
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and solely for the intended addressee(s). Unauthorised reproduction, disclosure, modification, and/or distribution of this email may be unlawful.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system. The views expressed in this message do not necessarily reflect those of Atos Euronext Market Solutions.

L'information contenue dans cet e-mail est confidentielle et uniquement destinee a la (aux) personnes a laquelle (auxquelle(s)) elle est adressee. Toute copie, publication ou diffusion de cet email est interdite. Si cet e-mail vous parvient par erreur, nous vous prions de bien vouloir prevenir l'expediteur immediatement et d'effacer le e-mail et annexes jointes de votre systeme. Le contenu de ce message electronique ne represente pas necessairement la position ou le point de vue d'Atos Euronext Market Solutions.

Re: Update/Checkout fails

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On May 26, 2006, at 16:30, Len Harvey wrote:

> When I try to update or checkout I'm getting a message saying this
>
> svn: Can't find a temporary directory
>
> Any ideas?

What OS? What kind of filesystem(s)? Do you have a temporary
directory, such as /tmp on Unix/Linux/Mac OS X? Does it work? (Can
you make files in it and read them and remove them?)

In the case of the working copy you're trying to update: do its .svn
directories contain tmp directories like they're supposed to? Do
those tmp directories contain the prop-base, props, text-base and
wcprops directories like they're supposed to?