Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by "Daniel.Sun" <su...@apache.org> on 2017/09/07 03:07:08 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Groovy 2.6.0-alpha-1 Released

Dear community,

The Apache Groovy team is pleased to announce version 2.6.0-alpha-1 of
Apache Groovy.
Apache Groovy is a multi-facet programming language for the JVM.
Further details can be found at the http://groovy.apache.org website.

This is a pre-release of a new version of Groovy.
We greatly appreciate any feedback you can give us when using this version.

This release includes 33 bug fixes/improvements as outlined in the
changelog:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318123&version=12340456

Sources can be downloaded from: http://www.groovy-lang.org/download.html
Convenience binaries, SDK and documentation can be found at:
http://www.groovy-lang.org/download.html
Jars are also available within the major binary repositories.
We would like to thank all people who contributed to this release.

We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at
https://groovy.apache.org/

Apache Groovy 2.6.0-alpha-1 requires JDK7+ and includes the new Parrot
parser.
You can enable the Parrot parser using -Dgroovy.antlr4=true (set via
JAVA_OPTS if needed).
The new parser supports do/while loops, classic array initialization,
!in/!instanceof operators, === identity operator, safe indexing,
try-with-resources, Java lambda and method reference syntax, Elvis
assignment operator and much more...

Note: If building Apache Groovy from the source distribution yourself, you
need to bootstrap the Gradle wrapper using a version of Gradle prior to 4.0.

Best regards,

The Apache Groovy team.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Groovy 2.6.0-alpha-1 Released

Posted by Daniel Sun <re...@hotmail.com>.
Paul, thanks a lot for your helping me release Apache Groovy 2.6.0-alpha-1
:-)

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Groovy 2.6.0-alpha-1 Released

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
Yep, incubator shouldn't ever be mentioned any more. We'll hopefully get
that sorted for next time.

We had a few tiny glitches but all-in-all a fantastic effort by Daniel on
his first release! Thanks Daniel!

Cheers, Paul.

Posted by Roshan Dawrani <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roshan Dawrani <ro...@gmail.com>.