Posted to user@struts.apache.org by BH...@powersystems.rockwell.com on 2005/08/17 21:04:56 UTC

[OT] Passing a DynaForm in a URL inputStream

Sorry for the off topic post,

I have a case where I am generating a struts form and placing it into a
session.  I am having to create a inputStream based on a URL of a JSP which
uses the form, but the JSP cannot find the form in any scope.  Does the URL
use a different request/session than the action that is creating it?  If
so, does anyone know of a way to pass the dynaform to the URL?

Example code:
JSP:

Hello <bean:write name="myForm" property="userName">

ActionClass

public ActionForward execute(final ActionMapping mapping,
                                                            final
ActionForm form,
                                                            final
HttpServletRequest request,
                                                            final
HttpServletResponse response) {
        if(null != form){
      callFunction(new URL("http://localhost/helloworld.jsp"));
        }
       return null;
}

Re: [OT] Passing a DynaForm in a URL inputStream

Posted by BH...@powersystems.rockwell.com.
OK, Found an answer for anyone who is interested,  If not delete :)

URL url = new URL("http://localhost/helloworld.jsp");
URLConnection conn = target.openConnection();
conn.addRequestProperty("METHOD", "POST");
conn.addRequestProperty("Cookie", "JSESSIONID="+sessionId);
conn.connect();

BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader( new InputStreamReader(
conn.getInputStream() ) );
String inputLine;
StringBuffer pageContent = new StringBuffer();
while ( ( inputLine = in.readLine() ) != null ) {
    pageContent.append( inputLine );
}
in.close();

             BHansard@powersys
             tems.rockwell.com
             08/17/2005 03:04          user@struts.apache.org

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         [OT] Passing a DynaForm in a URL
               "Struts Users           inputStream
               Mailing List"
             <user@struts.apac
                  he.org>