Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by rb...@covalent.net on 2000/12/06 06:09:42 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apr-util/src/buckets ap_buckets_eos.c ap_buckets_file.c ap_buckets_flush.c ap_buckets_heap.c ap_buckets_mmap.c ap_buckets_pipe.c ap_buckets_pool.c ap_buckets_simple.c ap_buckets_socket.c

On 6 Dec 2000 stoddard@locus.apache.org wrote:

>   An alternate way to fix this problem is to explicitly break the bucket
>   type out of the "type" structure in ap_bucketi and represent each bucket
>   type with an enum.

We have been over this.  This was part of the original design for the
buckets.  Using the types allows the buckets to be much more extensible,
plus it shrinks the bucket structure, and it puts all of the bucket
declarations in the same place in memory.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.
> On 6 Dec 2000 stoddard@locus.apache.org wrote:
>
> >   An alternate way to fix this problem is to explicitly break the bucket
> >   type out of the "type" structure in ap_bucketi and represent each bucket
> >   type with an enum.
>
> We have been over this.  This was part of the original design for the
> buckets.  Using the types allows the buckets to be much more extensible,
> plus it shrinks the bucket structure, and it puts all of the bucket
> declarations in the same place in memory.
>
> Ryan

Yes, I agree. I only mentioned it as an aid to understanding the problem.

Bill