Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by Grant Henke <gh...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2019/06/03 16:28:03 UTC

Kudu 1.10.0 Release

Hello Kudu developers!

It's been just around three months since we released 1.9.0. In that time,
we've accrued some important improvements and bug fixes (around 337 commits
since Kudu 1.9.0!). By our usual three-month release cadence, now seems
like as good a time as any to start thinking about a Kudu 1.10.0 release,
and I'm volunteering to RM it.

I'm proposing we cut the branch for 1.10.x on Monday, *June 10*, which gives
us a week to prepare, and then we'll start a vote a couple of days after
that.

If this sound good to you all, please start thinking about and writing up
release notes for notable changes that have landed in this release, and get
them checked in before June 10.

Here's a command you can run to check out roughly what you've been up to
since Kudu 1.9.0's release:

$ git log b2d95c625dc08f9d8af080bd1b192cc0a3b710b4..master --oneline \
--graph --no-merges --first-parent --author=<your email address>

Please let me know if you agree with this plan, have comments, questions,
concerns, etc.

Thanks!

--
Grant Henke
Software Engineer | Cloudera

Re: Kudu 1.10.0 Release

Posted by Grant Henke <gh...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Hello Kudu developers,

The new 1.10.x branch is available for use. I know there are some pending
CRs that are hoping to land in the 1.10.0 release, so when ready, please
cherry-pick onto branch-1.10.x in Gerrit. I will put up a review for
release notes
shortly (thanks for everyone who contributed!) and put together an RC1
ASAP.

As always, if you have questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,
Grant

Re: Kudu 1.10.0 Release

Posted by Grant Henke <gh...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.