Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Peter <ji...@zeus.net.au> on 2011/10/15 11:10:09 UTC

IMUnit - Improved Multithreaded Unit testing

http://mir.cs.illinois.edu/imunit/

No objections to me using this for concurrency unit testing in River?

Cheers,

Peter.

Re: IMUnit - Improved Multithreaded Unit testing

Posted by Peter Firmstone <ji...@zeus.net.au>.
Well I've had a little play, simple to learn, powerful and good at
simulating corner case thread situations.  The only drawback is you have
to be careful about event names in your schedule syntax, it's easy for a
typo to ruin a test, although in this case it's obvious because the test
doesn't run, but it doesn't throw an exception to hint where the syntax
error is either.

Helpful advise: Run your tests often while creating them, to pick up any
string syntax errors.

Anyway one test I've written checks correct behaviour for cleared
Reference's being treated as absent in ReferenceConcurrentMap.putIfAbsent

In this case,  putIfAbsent is followed by reference clear, followed by
three concurrent putIfAbsent's, the result is as expected, but it's good
confirm it works.

Cheers,

Peter.

Posted by Dan Creswell <da...@gmail.com>.