Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org> on 2009/04/02 00:34:48 UTC

spectrum of Lucene queries in solr?

Hello list,

I am surprised not to find any equivalent to the classical Lucene
queries in Solr... I must have badly looked...
E.g. where can I get a BooleanQuery, a PrefixQuery, a FuzzyQuery, or
even a few spanqueries?

thanks in advance

paul

Re: spectrum of Lucene queries in solr?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Sorry, I just realized I can use SolrIndexSearcher.search(Query, Hit)...
:
: that was my question basically.

I wouldn't recommend it ... those methods bypass all of the goodness Solr
adds on top of of Lucene (caching, etc...)

if you're writing plugin/embedded code where you have access to the
SOlrIndexSearcher stick with the methods that return a DocList or DocSet
(or DocListAndDocSet) .. you can still pass them Query objects, and you'll
get all of the Solr goodness.

-Hoss

Re: spectrum of Lucene queries in solr?

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.