Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by paulcollins <ra...@southernphone.com.au> on 2014/03/16 01:39:17 UTC

Non responsive "Don't Reopen" "Reopen" window.

Hello Fellow AOO users,

Following recent 'HD erasure and OS X reinstall’ ordeals, I reinstalled AOO 4.0.1 on my iMac, running Mac OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks (by name AND nature, it seems).

As the user (in Thailand) below’s example explains, I too get that “Don’t Reopen’ OR “Reopen” window appearing.  Clicking on EITHER button does absolutely nothing, other than “Reopen” button is highlighted AGAIN.  Even "Open Office/Quit Open Office” drop down menu is inactive.

To break the loop into which AOO puts itself, I must leave the UNCLOSEABLE AOO open, go to “Finder” (on the Desktop) and select "Finder/Force Quit” and select OpenOffice and click “Force Quit”, twice.

When unusable OpenOffice launches, behind the loop window shown second below appears the “OpenOffice Document Recovery” window.  The IRREPLACEABLE file containing my Software Licence Serial Numbers ( all of which I must reinstall on my erased Mac HD) is corrupted and FAILED to recover.

Effectively, Open Office is unusable until this problem is solved.

Can anyone help, please?

In anticipation of your generous advice, I am

Yours faithfully, Paul Collins.

"To whom who may concern,

I am openoffice user from Thailand,Now i used 4.0.1 version for Mac OSX 10.9.1
I have found the problem about the program can not open and tell me to reopen but i can not do anything about the button or use don't reopen also does't work.I used the  "force quite" and reopen but it still doesn't work,

I uninstall the program and reinstall but it does't work.

Please give me an advice how to solve the problem.
Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Ponchai Wilalai

Pramanda center,Chongkhaep,Tak
Thailand.
Tel : 089-811-5618"

Re: Non responsive "Don't Reopen" "Reopen" window.

Posted by Dave Barton <db...@tasit.net>.
paulcollins wrote:
> Hello Fellow AOO users,
>
> Following recent 'HD erasure and OS X reinstall’ ordeals, I reinstalled
> AOO 4.0.1 on my iMac, running Mac OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks (by name AND
> nature, it seems).
>
> As the user (in Thailand) below’s example explains, I too get that
> “Don’t Reopen’ OR “Reopen” window appearing.  Clicking on EITHER button
> does absolutely nothing, other than “Reopen” button is highlighted
> AGAIN.  Even "Open Office/Quit Open Office” drop down menu is inactive.
>
> To break the loop into which AOO puts itself, I must leave the
> UNCLOSEABLE AOO open, go to “Finder” (on the Desktop) and select
> "Finder/Force Quit” and select OpenOffice and click “Force Quit”, twice.
>
> When unusable OpenOffice launches, behind the loop window shown second
> below appears the “OpenOffice Document Recovery” window.  The
> IRREPLACEABLE file containing my Software Licence Serial Numbers ( all
> of which I must reinstall on my erased Mac HD) is corrupted and FAILED
> to recover.
>

> Effectively, Open Office is unusable until this problem is solved.
>
> Can anyone help, please?
>
> In anticipation of your generous advice, I am
>
> Yours faithfully, Paul Collins.

You need to delete the folder "org.openoffice.script.savedState". It is
in the "Saved Application State" folder in your User/Library.

See this post on the user forum for detailed instructions:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=55755#p244931

Known bug listed in the release notes, with solution for the problem.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0.1+Release+Notes#AOO4.0.1ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues

Dave