Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by fordan <da...@main.se> on 2006/12/12 16:02:04 UTC

Setup Kodo as a JCA adapter with Jencks

Hi!

I don't really know how to setup JCA adapter with Jencks. Can anyone help ?
It is not that well documented. The goal is to create a usertransaction with
Kodo
to run inside ServiceMix container as container managed transaction.

Thanks Daniel

Re: Setup Kodo as a JCA adapter with Jencks

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Yes :)

On 12/13/06, fordan <da...@main.se> wrote:

> Hi !
> Tanks a lot, as i understand you mean something like this:
> http://jroller.com/page/Templth?entry=jencks_in_action ?
>
> Thanks Daniel
>

> fordan wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > I don't really know how to setup JCA adapter with Jencks. Can anyone help
> > ?
> > It is not that well documented. The goal is to create a usertransaction
> > with Kodo
> > to run inside ServiceMix container as container managed transaction.
> >
> > Thanks Daniel

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Setup Kodo as a JCA adapter with Jencks

Posted by fordan <da...@main.se>.
Hi !

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Forget my previous answer ...

So for outbound, you need an implementation of
javax.resource.spi.ManagedConnectionFactory for Kodo.
Then you should be able to use jencks to create
a connectionManager (already available in servicemix),
and use spring org.springframework.jca.support.LocalConnectionFactoryBean
to create a managed connection factory.

Something like:

  <bean id="kodoFactory"
class="org.springframework.jca.support.LocalConnectionFactoryBean">
    <property name="managedConnectionFactory" ref="kodoMCF"/>
    <property name="connectionManager" ref="connectionManager"/>
  </bean>

On 12/12/06, fordan <da...@main.se> wrote:

> Hi !
> Thanks a lot but i am still not getting how to to this  !
> There  is an existing JCA Adpater for Kodo, according to
> to spec for resource adpaters. So With JCA adapter i mean resource adapter.
> In an ordinary JEE conatiner it is possibly to deploy these connectors.
> I could see in a conf example for ActiveMQ, there were some resource
> adapter.
> So i don't want to replace Jencks or alter it if not needed. Is that needed
> ?
> Is there a more simplier solution, for obtaining a usertransaction ?
> Kodo is a database jdoimplementation framework !
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks Daniel
>

> gnodet wrote:
> >
> > It should  be easy to use any transaction manager inside ServiceMix.
> > However changing, the JCA connector will require more work as you
> > need to find a JCA implementation which can work on top of your
> > TM.  Currently, ServiceMix uses the Geronimo connector which is tied
> > to the Geronimo TM.  To use a resource adapter for inbound
> > connections, the main class needed is an implementation of the
> > BootstrapContext (just create a WorkManager should be sufficient).
> >
> > For oubtound connections, it will be more difficult, as you will need
> > to take care of resource pooling, enlistement ...
> >
> > On 12/12/06, fordan <da...@main.se> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> I don't really know how to setup JCA adapter with Jencks. Can anyone help
> >> ?
> >> It is not that well documented. The goal is to create a usertransaction
> >> with
> >> Kodo
> >> to run inside ServiceMix container as container managed transaction.
> >>
> >> Thanks Daniel
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Guillaume Nodet

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Setup Kodo as a JCA adapter with Jencks

Posted by fordan <da...@main.se>.
Hi !

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
It should  be easy to use any transaction manager inside ServiceMix.
However changing, the JCA connector will require more work as you
need to find a JCA implementation which can work on top of your
TM.  Currently, ServiceMix uses the Geronimo connector which is tied
to the Geronimo TM.  To use a resource adapter for inbound
connections, the main class needed is an implementation of the
BootstrapContext (just create a WorkManager should be sufficient).

For oubtound connections, it will be more difficult, as you will need
to take care of resource pooling, enlistement ...

On 12/12/06, fordan <da...@main.se> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I don't really know how to setup JCA adapter with Jencks. Can anyone help ?
> It is not that well documented. The goal is to create a usertransaction with
> Kodo
> to run inside ServiceMix container as container managed transaction.
>
> Thanks Daniel

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet