Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Venkat Reddy <vr...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/17 10:51:56 UTC

package structure for axis sources

I ran into this earlier also, but got over it with some work around.
It's a bit difficult to choose the source folders for an Eclipse
project. I wanted to add "src" and "test" folders as sources for my
project, but there are java files in test folder having the their
packagename as "test". So eclipse compalins about test folder. src
folder is fine becuase it doesn't have any java files with packge name
starting with "src". May be we should have another folder "tests"
between java and test in the hierarchy, to be consistent with "src"
folder. And may be for 1.3.

Venkat

Re: package structure for axis sources

Posted by Dan Marchant <dr...@gmail.com>.
What about structuring the code like:

     src/
            runtime <-- main axis code
            tests <-- tests
            examples <-- samples
            tools  <-- wsdl to java

This would solve the problem, since each sub folder of src is its own
source folder in Eclipse. Would help organize the code a bit better as
well.

Those are my .02 cents.

- Dan

Posted by Jongjin Choi <gu...@hotmail.com>.