Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Telles Nobrega <te...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/22 15:51:28 UTC

Storm Queues

Hi, I have many spouts in my topology and 3 bolts. The spouts generate
numbers and send it downstream for processing.
Do all the Spouts send to one queue or 3 queues or one for each spout?

Thanks.

Telles Mota Vidal Nobrega
M.sc. Candidate at UFCG
B.sc. in Computer Science at UFCG
Software Engineer at OpenStack Project - HP/LSD-UFCG

Re: Storm Queues

Posted by Georgy Abraham <it...@gmail.com>.
That all depends up on your requirement . and Spout sends out tuples to
next bolt or bolts in the topology . The destination is not specified in
the spout , but the bolts choose which all spouts to receive from. if by
three bolts u meant three bolt tasks doing the same functionality then u
can use grouping techniques to route specific tuples to specific task
executions