Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Andy Benjamin <an...@hotmail.com> on 2003/08/05 14:58:15 UTC

Customized Customize JSP - Formalized Question

Hi all,

I have noticed that other people in addition to myself are having trouble
overriding the customize button on a portlet by displaying our own JSP but
have been unable to thus far.  Thanks go to Mark Orciuch for helping out
when I originally asked about this a couple months ago but I still have some
questions that anyone on the list hopefully can answer:

1) Given that I have a jsp based portlet (the jsp is called myportlet.jsp) I
want to display a jsp called  myportletcustomize.jsp when the customize icon
is clicked.  What should my xreg file look like so that jetspeed knows I
want myportletcustomize.jsp to appear when I click on the customize icon in
the myportlet.jsp portlet?

2) If I have an action class called MyPortletAction.class that myportlet.jsp
uses to do work, does my portletcustomize.jsp use the same action class?

3) What method is invoked on my action class when the customize icon in a
portlet is clicked?

4) After doing some work in myportletcustomize.jsp, how do I then go back to
an updated myportlet.jsp?

5) Just as a side note, why can I click on the customize icon when it
appears to be grayed out?

6) I notice that there are a couple things that the default customize
velocity template displays that allows a user to configure their portlet.
If I am going to use a jsp, do I have to implement that functionality in
addition to any of the customized functionality I want to implement?

Thanks!!

Andy