Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Laird Nelson <lj...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/23 22:19:42 UTC

@LocalClient and JAAS authentication

Before I spend a lot of time whacking away at this, is it possible to
authenticate into an OpenEJB instance when using an InitialContext built by
the LocalInitialContextFactory?  If so, where do I specify the JAAS login
module information?  In a normal OpenEJB instance, I'd put it in
${openejb.base}/conf/login.config but I'm not sure where that is when the
container system is loaded up by LocalInitialContextFactory.

Thanks,
Laird

Re: @LocalClient and JAAS authentication

Posted by Laird Nelson <lj...@gmail.com>.
Imagine my surprise when I rooted around inside the openejb-core jar, found
a sample user.properties file, and logged in as "jonathan" with password
"secret" and it all worked!  That's great.

I'm looking at this in the context of building a resource adapter, and I did
notice that even after successful authentication, a null Subject is being
passed to my ManagedConnectionFactory.  I don't think that that's permitted
if the user is logged in, right?  Is this a bug, or did I neglect to put
some property or something into my InitialContext?

Best,
Laird