Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/15 19:13:35 UTC

org.apache.xbean-deleteMe and org/apache/xbean-crap ?

Noticed these in the m1 and m2 snapshot repositories. Any reason for them?

Hen

Re: org.apache.xbean-deleteMe and org/apache/xbean-crap ?

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
I hope that there was no use for xbean-crap... if there was it should
be flushed.

--jason

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Jul 15, 2006, at 6:08 PM, Henri Yandell wrote:

> On 7/15/06, David Blevins <da...@visi.com> wrote:
>> On Jul 15, 2006, at 10:13 AM, Henri Yandell wrote:
>>
>> > Noticed these in the m1 and m2 snapshot repositories. Any reason
>> > for them?
>>
>> xbean-crap?  Alrighty then.... :)
>
> Meaning:
>
> http://people.apache.org/repository/org.apache.xbean-deleteMe/
> and
> http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/xbean-
> crap/
>
> Not a slur (on my part anyway :) ) on xbean.

Right, I didn't think it was.  Was more wondering about what was
going through the mind of the person who made the directory.  Clearly
someone was frustrated about something :)

>> I'd say delete them.  We got the source, at the very least we can
>> rebuild them if there was something someone needed.
>
> Were they actually of use, or just accidental? I'm interested in
> knowing what uses the repositories are put to.

Dunno, either.  My best guess is someone did a 'mv xbean xbean-crap'
to get rid of some bad state rather than just deleting it.

-David

Re: org.apache.xbean-deleteMe and org/apache/xbean-crap ?

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Jul 15, 2006, at 10:13 AM, Henri Yandell wrote:

> Noticed these in the m1 and m2 snapshot repositories. Any reason
> for them?

xbean-crap?  Alrighty then.... :)

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
delete it

-dain

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 7/15/06, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Noticed these in the m1 and m2 snapshot repositories. Any reason for them?

My bad. It was a temporary workaround for bad file permissions in the
repos causing me to not be able to deploy things.

Since I can't chmod, I could only create a copy of the xbean
directories and mv the old ones out of the way and couldn't think of
anything more imaginative at the time. I can't delete them either (BTW
I renamed the xbean-crap which is maybe not the most descriptive of
names to xbean-delete-me). Could someone with karma zap them please?

Incidentally can folks please all put something like this in their
~/.m2/settings.xml file to avoid bad permissions being created on
deployments in the maven repos at Apache... (replacing jstrachan with
your actual user name :)

<settings>
  <servers>
    <server>
      <id>apache-repo</id>
      <username>jstrachan</username>
      <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
      <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
    </server>
    <server>
      <id>apache-snapshots</id>
      <username>jstrachan</username>
      <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
      <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
    </server>
    <server>
      <id>apache-website</id>
      <username>jstrachan</username>
      <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
      <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
    </server>
  </servers>
</settings>