Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jeremy Aston <je...@realitylogic.com> on 2005/07/05 03:36:36 UTC

Complex migration advice

Hi,

I am currently running svn 1.1.4 (DB based repos) on Windows and would
like to migrate to 1.2 (file based repo) on  Linux Fedora Core 4.

What is the best strategy for this?  I have seen some threads that
suggest I should be able to dump on windows and then copy to Linux and
load back however I am not sure how to force the switch to us FS
storage - is it just a case of specifying fs when creating the new
repo?

Many thanks

Jez

Re: Complex migration advice

Posted by Ulrich Eckhardt <ec...@satorlaser.com>.
Jeremy Aston wrote:
> I am currently running svn 1.1.4 (DB based repos) on Windows and would
> like to migrate to 1.2 (file based repo) on  Linux Fedora Core 4.
>
> What is the best strategy for this?  I have seen some threads that
> suggest I should be able to dump on windows and then copy to Linux and
> load back

Right, the dumpfile format is independant of platform and used backend
(FSFS/BDB4.2/BDB4.3/whatever).

> however I am not sure how to force the switch to us FS
> storage - is it just a case of specifying fs when creating the new
> repo?

You guessed right.

Uli

Problem using different username for doing an update

Posted by Alexis Boutillier <al...@arteris.net>.
I have a problem with subversion.

To reproduce the problem you have to issue on a working copy :
"svn update --username=alexis" where the username is not the one with
which you was working on the working copy.
The command ask you for the password of the user and then hang.
When I kill the process, the working copy is left with every directory
locked.

On the server side, the apache process doesn't end and keep using 100%
of the cpu.

I'm using :
db-4.3.28.NC
neon-0.24.7
apr-0.9.6
httpd-2.0.54
php-4.3.11
apr-util 0.9.6
subversion 1.2.0

I'm using an authentication file like this one :
[/]
*=rw
aTestUser=r

[/branches/dist1.2.2]
*=r
@distWriters=rw

[/trunk/tools/security]
*=
@distSecurity=rw

[/branches/dist1.2/tools/security]
*=
@security=rw

[/branches/dist1.2.2/tools/security]
*=
@distSecurity=rw

[groups]
security=alexis,aydon
distWriters=phi,aydon,noregress,calvin,jyp,alexis,boris,jmb,eric

The problem can be reproduce in the trunk or in the branch and with an
1.2.0 client and a 1.1.2 client.

I'm using ldap authentification system. I don't remember having those
problem with 1.1.2 server version but i'm not sure I use the username
argument in a command.

I have those error in the apache error log each time the process hang :
[Tue Jul 05 14:23:27 2005] [warn] [client 192.168.12.41] [23267]
auth_ldap authenticate: user alexis authentication failed; URI
/svn/trunk [ldap_simple_bind_s() to check user credentials
failed][Invalid credentials]
[Tue Jul 05 14:23:27 2005] [warn] [client 192.168.12.41] [23267]
auth_ldap authenticate: user alexis authentication failed; URI
/error/HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED.html.var [ldap_simple_bind_s() to check user
credentials failed][Invalid credentials]

I must kill the process to terminate the program on the server and
client side.

Does any one could reproduce the problem ?

--
Boutillier Alexis
Methodology engineer

Arteris SA