Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2002/10/02 19:00:38 UTC

LogKit API changed incompatibly

Excalibur Logger uses the Heirarchy.getRootLogger() method in its
implementation.  LogKit has been changed so that method is now
"protected".  That means that LogKitLoggerManager cannot compile.

The question is, how do we fix this?

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

Re: LogKit API changed incompatibly

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 3 Oct 2002 03:10, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Berin Loritsch wrote:
> > Excalibur Logger uses the Heirarchy.getRootLogger() method in its
> > implementation.  LogKit has been changed so that method is now
> > "protected".  That means that LogKitLoggerManager cannot compile.
> >
> > The question is, how do we fix this?
>
> My bad.  In the source it is public--but when I build Excalibur Logger
> for some reason it thinks that the method is protected....
>
> Was it temporarily changed before?

It was previously protected and I had to change it to public to fix a bug that
was not fixable otherwise.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald