Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "vdiwakar.malladi" <vd...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/26 17:53:35 UTC

Unable to generate assembly jar which includes jdbc-thrift server

Hi,

When I'm trying to build spark assembly to include the dependencies related
to thrift server, build is getting failed by throwing the following error.
Could any one help me on this.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project spark-assembly_2.10: Could not
resolve dependencies for project
org.apache.spark:spark-assembly_2.10:pom:1.1.0: Couldnot find artifact
org.apache.spark:spark-hive-thriftserver_2.10:jar:1.1.0 in central
(https://repo1.maven.org/maven2) -> [Help 1]

Thanks in advance.

Re: Unable to generate assembly jar which includes jdbc-thrift server

Posted by Cheng Lian <li...@gmail.com>.
Actually all components are merged into the assembly jar under
assembly/target/scala-2.10. You don’t need to configure the classpath
unless you need to include some customized jars (e.g. customized Hive
SerDes). Existing scripts can compute the classpath correctly (if they
can’t, it should be a bug). You may refer to |bin/compute-classpath.sh|
for details.

​

Re: Unable to generate assembly jar which includes jdbc-thrift server

Posted by Cheng Lian <li...@gmail.com>.
I see. As what the exception stated, Maven can’t find |unzip| to help
building PySpark. So you need a Windows version of |unzip| (probably
from MinGW or Cygwin?)

​

Re: Unable to generate assembly jar which includes jdbc-thrift server

Posted by Cheng Lian <li...@gmail.com>.
Hm, then the command line you used should be fine. Actually just tried
it locally and it’s fine. Make sure to run it in the root directory of
Spark source tree (don’t |cd| into assembly).

​

Re: Unable to generate assembly jar which includes jdbc-thrift server

Posted by "vdiwakar.malladi" <vd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Cheng Lian <li...@gmail.com>.
What version are you trying to build? I was at first assuming you're
using the most recent master, but from your first mail it seems that you
were trying to build Spark v1.1.0?

Posted by Cheng Lian <li...@gmail.com>.
What’s the command line you used to build Spark? Notice that you need to
add |-Phive-thriftserver| to build the JDBC Thrift server. This profile
was once removed in in v1.1.0, but added back in v1.2.0 because of
dependency issue introduced by Scala 2.11 support.

​