Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Uday Kumar <ud...@indiamart.com.INVALID> on 2023/05/12 17:23:19 UTC

Issue in Logging Client IP Addresses in Solr Cloud Logs

Hello all,

Currently, we are logging various details for tracking when a *user request
hits Solr Cloud*. These details include the timestamp, class name, core
name, web app, path, hits, status, and Qtime.
However, we now require the *Client IP* to be included in the logs.

We tried to achieve this using the* requestLogger and requestDispatcher
elements* in solrconfig.xml, but we are not able to log Client IPs.

*Tried Approaches FYR:*
*Approach-1:*
<requestHandler name="test.handler" class="solr.SearchHandler">
        <requestLogger name="requestLogger"
class="org.apache.solr.handler.RequestLoggingHandler" >
             <lst name="invariants">
                  <str name="client_ip">true</str>
             </lst>
      </requestLogger>
</requestHandler>

*Approach-2:*
<requestDispatcher>
  <lst name="requestParsers">
    <lst name="application/x-www-form-urlencoded">
      <str name="clientInfoHeader">x-forwarded-for</str>
    </lst>
  </lst>
</requestDispatcher>

Please suggest how to correctly configure Solr Cloud to include the Client
IP addresses in Solr logs.

*NOTE: *
*Solr Version used: *8.10

Also, please let me know if there are any performance considerations we
should be aware of when implementing this configuration.

Thanks & Regards
Uday Kumar

Re: Issue in Logging Client IP Addresses in Solr Cloud Logs

Posted by Uday Kumar <ud...@indiamart.com.INVALID>.
Hello Team,

Any update on the raised concern?