Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Jakob Homan <jg...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/24 05:56:44 UTC

[DISCUSS] Time for a user@ list?

The dev list is quite crowded, which several members of the community
have noted, and it's getting hard to separate the technical direction
questions from the general user questions.

Most Top-Level Projects maintain a user@ list as well.  Should we create one?

If there's a positive response, the process is a simple form that the
project VP or an ASF member can submit.

Re: [DISCUSS] Time for a user@ list?

Posted by Kevin Yang <yr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Christian Lellmann <ch...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jakob Homan <jg...@gmail.com>.
Looks like we have broad consensus.  I've put in a request with the
infra team to stand up the new list.  Should be ready to go in 24
hours or so.

Thanks,
Jakob

Posted by Austin Bennett <wh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Prajwal Tuladhar <pr...@infynyxx.com>.
Makes sense.

+1 for this.

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 10:06 PM Jason Rich <ja...@icloud.com.invalid>
wrote:

> +1
>
> Quick question, could we also push user@ threads to a specified Slack
> channel?
>
> Cheers,
> Jason
>
> > On May 24, 2019, at 8:23 AM, Teresa Martyny <
> teresa.martyny@omadahealth.com> wrote:
> >
> > Jared makes a good point about Slack. It seems like the Slack group
> > channels are mostly troubleshooting questions in spite of their names
> > seeming to indicate they were meant for other intentions. Having
> > troubleshooting questions folks have asked in the past more publicly
> > searchable would be very helpful to allow teams to more quickly iterate
> > when they run into problems that have already been solved.

> > On Fri, May 24, 2019, 12:12 AM Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> +1. I think Airflow user's community is quite strong so this might be
> >> rather useful. Also there are lots of discussions on slack channels -
> >> #troubleshooting for example - which is not great. Slack messages are
> not
> >> publicly indexed/searchable so it is difficult to build a public
> >> troubleshooting knowledge base this way.
> >>
> >> Having such discussions in dev list would be really helpful for others.
> >>
> >> J.

> kamil.bregula@polidea.com

> >> --
> >>
> >> Jarek Potiuk
> >> Polidea <https://www.polidea.com/> | Principal Software Engineer
> >>
> >> M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>
> >> E: jarek.potiuk@polidea.com
> >>

> > --
> > This email may contain material that is confidential and/or privileged
> for
> > the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, reliance, or
> > distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is
> strictly
> > prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
> > sender and delete all copies. Also note that email is not an appropriate
> > way to send protected health information to Omada Health employees.
> Please
> > use your discretion when responding to this email.
>
> --
Cheers, Praj

Re: [DISCUSS] Time for a user@ list?

Posted by Jason Rich <ja...@icloud.com.INVALID>.