Posted to general@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2011/01/11 01:38:04 UTC

Resolution text for switching Andreas in as PMC chair

Hi all,

As per discussion and a vote on the Axis PMC list, I'm pleased to say
that Andreas Veithen has accepted the mantle of PMC chair for the Axis
project moving forward.  Board, please accept this note as my
resignation, and I'll put the following resolution into the board agenda
for next week's meeting.

Best wishes to Andreas in the new role, which I'm sure he will execute
with the same skill and perspective which have made him such a valuable
contributor to the project thus far.

Thanks,
--Glen

---

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors heretofore appointed Glen Daniels to
the office of Vice President, Apache Axis, and

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors is in receipt of the resignation of
Glen Daniels from the office of Vice President, Apache Axis, and

WHEREAS, the Project Management Committee of the Apache Axis project has
chosen by vote to recommend Andreas Veithen as the successor to the post;

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that Glen Daniels is relieved and
discharged from the duties and responsibilities of the office of Vice
President, Apache Axis, and

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Andreas Veithen be and hereby is appointed
to the office of Vice President, Apache Axis, to serve in accordance
with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors and the
Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal
or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed.