Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Ventura, Jerry" <jv...@xchange.com> on 2000/07/17 20:01:50 UTC

webapp CLASSPATH

I hope I'm not re-opening an old discussion (ie. "What Do We Do With The
User's Classpath?"), but:

Is there a way for my web app to override Tomcat's startup CLASSPATH other
than changing the startup.bat, and/or modifying the CLASSPATH env var?

Basically, what I'm trying to do is override Tomcat's xml.jar. My web app
uses a different parser.

I'd prefer not to modify the startup script. It seems as though as long as I
have my classes/jars under WEB-INF, I don't need them in my classpath, so
I'd prefer not modify classpath env either (which would then require me to
modify the startup script).

I guess what I'm asking is, is it possible to specify a classpath for a web
app that is different than startup classpath?

Thanks for anyone's help on this