Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by David Bau <da...@bea.com> on 2003/09/13 13:21:27 UTC

Setting up bugzilla, list archiving, etc

Hi all; we've got the code cleaned up, moved to org.apache packages, etc,
and we're basically ready to check it into apache CVS now; we're just
waiting on infrastructure to set up accounts and cvs access for us.  We're
also going to start using this mailing list for development work, which
means we need to make sure user discussions happen on
xmlbeans-user@xml.apache.org.

Forgive me for a bit, for a little while things on xmlbeans-dev are going to
have to be boring setup issues.  We need a functional development space
here.

There are a couple initial things I need a little guidance and help with.
Any help would be apprecitated!

1. Bugzilla.  Try submitting a bug to XMLBeans at
http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=XMLBeans - you'll
see that it complains that "You need to have at least one component for this
product in order to create a new bug."

Can somebody grant me (david.bau@bea.com) appropriate access so that I can
set up components (and whatever else is needed for our bugzilla area?)  I'm
new to bugzilla so if I'm missing something simple please let me know.

2. Mailing lists and archives.     Let's start making sure we use
xmlbeans-user@ for user questions and use xmlbeans-dev@ for development
discussion, and moderating the lists appropriately.  We probably need to set
up a couple moderators - I'm willing to help moderate a bit, if somebody can
help me get set up to do so.

Also, I'd like to have our lists archived at http://mail-archive.com/; I
find their service pretty snappy. I think I've just set that up through
ezmlm; we'll see if this message gets archived.

This is the beginning, not the end, of boring setup issues, so bear with
me...

David

Re: Setting up bugzilla, list archiving, etc

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:10:27 -0400
(Subject: Re: Setting up bugzilla, list archiving, etc)
"David Bau" <da...@bea.com> wrote:

> Ted wrote:
>
> > I wrote:
> > >Can somebody grant me (david.bau@bea.com) appropriate access so that I
> can
> > >set up components (and whatever else is needed for our bugzilla area?)
> I'm
> > >new to bugzilla so if I'm missing something simple please let me know.
> >
> > Did you get privs?
>
> Still haven't yet; I did send one short note to Pier (no resp yet) but I
> haven't been pressing.

Pier is busy enough. Also, he loves Japan and come here (to Japan)
around October, too. :-)

He has been absent for a long time. I recommend you to poke once more.
(Also, CC to infrastructure@ )

__ Tetsuya <te...@apache.org> __

Re: Setting up bugzilla, list archiving, etc

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Bau <da...@bea.com>.

Posted by David Bau <da...@bea.com>.

Posted by Ted Leung <tw...@sauria.com>.
On 9/13/2003 4:21 AM, David Bau wrote:

>There are a couple initial things I need a little guidance and help with.
>Any help would be apprecitated!
>
>1. Bugzilla.  Try submitting a bug to XMLBeans at
>http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=XMLBeans - you'll
>see that it complains that "You need to have at least one component for this
>product in order to create a new bug."
>
>Can somebody grant me (david.bau@bea.com) appropriate access so that I can
>set up components (and whatever else is needed for our bugzilla area?)  I'm
>new to bugzilla so if I'm missing something simple please let me know.

Did you get privs?

>2. Mailing lists and archives.     Let's start making sure we use
>xmlbeans-user@ for user questions and use xmlbeans-dev@ for development
>discussion, and moderating the lists appropriately.  We probably need to set
>up a couple moderators - I'm willing to help moderate a bit, if somebody can
>help me get set up to do so.

Is there one other person who could take moderator duty with David?

>Also, I'd like to have our lists archived at http://mail-archive.com/; I
>find their service pretty snappy. I think I've just set that up through
>ezmlm; we'll see if this message gets archived.

Fine by me

Ted

Re: list archiving

Posted by David Bau <da...@bea.com>.
> Just to double check :>.  You have seen the Eyebrowse archiving that is
> already occuring?

Yup, aware of eyebrowse and marc; I find marc sometimes slow
(and very dark :-)), and eyebrowse faster but sometimes down.
Given that folks look for xml archives on marc, I've sent a request
to marc to be archived there.

I'm trying to set up mail-archive.com in addition. (Why? Archives
in a couple places don't hurt and should improve availability.  Of
the alternatives I'm aware of I personally like the speed of the
mail-archive.com interface; I've been reading general.*.apache
etc there.  It used to be possible see the confirmation emails to
sign up mail-archive.com, but they seem to have turned off that
feature, so archive@mail-archive.com needs to be signed up
to the list without confirmation somehow.)

David

Re: list archiving

Posted by David Bau <da...@bea.com>.

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>.
David Bau wrote:
> Can somebody grant me (david.bau@bea.com) appropriate access so that I can
> set up components (and whatever else is needed for our bugzilla area?)  I'm
> new to bugzilla so if I'm missing something simple please let me know.

Pier looks after nagoya, and helped me out on this some time back for
another project.  pier@apache.org.  Am not sure, but
infrastructure@apache.org may also be able to help.  Infrastructure is
generally the best place to go for all of this adminstrative style queries.

> 2. Mailing lists and archives.     Let's start making sure we use
> xmlbeans-user@ for user questions and use xmlbeans-dev@ for development
> discussion, and moderating the lists appropriately.  We probably need to set
> up a couple moderators - I'm willing to help moderate a bit, if somebody can
> help me get set up to do so.

Not too sure what you want to do for moderation, but infrastructure@
can make things happen.  (E.g. to allow moderation of mail from non list
subscribers etc.)  Just tell them what you need!

> Also, I'd like to have our lists archived at http://mail-archive.com/; I
> find their service pretty snappy. I think I've just set that up through
> ezmlm; we'll see if this message gets archived.

Just to double check :>.  You have seen the Eyebrowse archiving that is
already occuring?

e.g.

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/SummarizeList?listId=151

Cheers,
	Berin

Re: Setting up bugzilla, list archiving, etc

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>.

Re: list archiving

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Hi,

http://mail-archive.com/

... I am not sure, sorry.
(I think the others can help you)

People in xml/ws.apache area ratherprefer to use marc, I guess.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/

I think you can mail to
mailto:webguy@theaimsgroup.com?subject=Add a list to MARC

cf. http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?q=about#Add
(See the bottom of http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/
IIRC, it takes only 2-3 days)

Hope this helps.

__ Tetsuya <te...@apache.org> __

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 07:28:57 -0400
(Subject: list archiving)
"David Bau" <da...@bea.com> wrote:

> [...]

E-mail: tetsuya@apache.org  http://www.terra-intl.com/
(Accredited Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument Facilitator)
http://www.hbdi.com/

Re: list archiving

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Hi,