Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Randy Curry <rc...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/24 20:32:41 UTC

[users@httpd] Compiling Apache 2 on Windows 2000

I compiled Apache 2.0.40 using Visual C++  6 (from within the IDE ) on a Windows 2000 box. I used the "Installbin" project to build and automatically install, as described at http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/platform/win_compiling.html . The problem is that the httpd.conf and httpd.default.conf files that the install puts in Apache2/conf folder are empty (0kb). I know there is more configuring that needs to be done after compile and install, but I can't seem to find the info on how and what to do. Can someone provide or point to info on the conf file issue, and also in general what to do to get Apache 2 up and running after compiling on a Windows 2000 box?

Re: [users@httpd] Compiling Apache 2 on Windows 2000

Posted by Randy Curry <rc...@yahoo.com>.
I am using the awk recommended in the documentation. I also added the path in the proper location in the Visual Studio IDE, as described in the documentation.

Re: [users@httpd] Compiling Apache 2 on Windows 2000

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
Randy Curry wrote:
> I compiled Apache 2.0.40 using Visual C++  6 (from within the IDE ) on a
> Windows 2000 box. I used the "Installbin" project to build and
> automatically install, as described at
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/platform/win_compiling.html . The
> problem is that the httpd.conf and httpd.default.conf files that the
> install puts in Apache2/conf folder are empty (0kb). I know there is
> more configuring that needs to be done after compile and install, but I
> can't seem to find the info on how and what to do. Can someone provide
> or point to info on the conf file issue, and also in general what to do
> to get Apache 2 up and running after compiling on a Windows 2000 box?

My first guess is that that you are using a broken "awk".  Try
downloading the one suggested in the docs.

Joshua.