Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by L Squared Networks <su...@lsquarednetworks.com> on 2013/06/18 08:46:03 UTC

start.jar not found

Hi,
I am a newbie to apache solr. I just downloaded apache solr 4.3.0 from  here
<http://lucene.apache.org/solr/downloads.html>  .

As the tutorial says first we need to run start.jar which will be available
in solr-4.3.0\example folder, but I din't find this file anywhere in the
solr-4.3.0 folder. And also the path of example folder is different i.e.
solr-4.3.0\solr\example.

I found start.jar.sha1 in solr-4.3.0\solr\licenses folder. Is this the same
file?

Re: start.jar not found

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Have you downloaded the source distribution instead?
:
: Download solr-4.3.0.zip rather than solr-4.3.0-src.zip

Or look at the README.txt and solr/README.txt files for information on how
to build from the source files.

-Hoss

Re: start.jar not found

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Have you downloaded the source distribution instead?

Download solr-4.3.0.zip rather than solr-4.3.0-src.zip

Upayavira