Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by "Terry P." <te...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/03 00:17:04 UTC

Accumulo 1.4.3 download "mirrors" links bad?

Hi gang,
I'm trying to download the 1.4.3 release from:

http://accumulo.apache.org/downloads/

But for both the binaries and source downloads the file sizes are only
7.1KB in size and aren't valid .tar.gz files.

The various firewalls and security scanners here at work can sometimes make
some site links not work properly, but not usually one that looks to be
this simple.

Could someone -- anyone -- please try to download one of these files to see
if it's just my bad luck at work, or whether the site / links actually have
an issue?

Thanks,
Terry

Re: Accumulo 1.4.3 download "mirrors" links bad?

Posted by "Terry P." <te...@gmail.com>.
Well how about that folks.  I upgraded to Firefox 20.0.1 (latest version
approved at work), and I get the same exact thing -- a 7.1KB tar.gz file.
When I attempt to open it with WinZip (I'm on Windoze), WinZip reports
"Error reading header after processing 0 entries."  WinZip opens and claims
the compressed file has a folder called [untitled], but one can't do
anything with it.

So as I suspected, it's likely something to do with the security scanner we
have at work.

I just wanted to report it in the first place in case it was an issue for
everyone else as well, but not the case.

Thanks everyone for providing the direct download links yesterday.

Posted by "Terry P." <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.
http://apache.cs.utah.edu/accumulo/1.4.3/accumulo-1.4.3-src.tar.gz - the
mirror link lead to this file and it downloaded fine for me.

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.
http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/apache/accumulo/1.4.3/accumulo-1.4.3-src.tar.gz-
please try this direct link.

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.