Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/11/01 21:02:35 UTC

[Lenya Wiki] Trivial Update of "DocuPublicationRedesignContestDraft" by AndreasHartmann

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Lenya Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by AndreasHartmann:
http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/DocuPublicationRedesignContestDraft

The comment on the change is:
Capitalize "Lenya" for branding reasons :)

  This is a draft.

- Some ideas about the contest were taken from the solr logo redesign page (http://wiki.apache.org/solr/LogoContest)
+ Some ideas about the contest were taken from the Solr logo redesign page (http://wiki.apache.org/solr/LogoContest)
- - thanks to the solr community for inspiration!
+ - thanks to the Solr community for inspiration!

  == Background ==

- At our lenya Meeting in June 08 in Freiburg we discussed the design of lenya. There are several candidates for a new design: The lenya documentation website (lenya.apache.org), the lenya default pubication shipped with lenya and finally the lenya authoring UI. As the idea of a contest is new and resources are limited we decided to start with the design of the lenya website. The lenya website currently has a raw design and is of course driven by lenya.
+ At our Lenya Meeting in June 08 in Freiburg we discussed the design of Lenya. There are several candidates for a new design: The Lenya documentation website (lenya.apache.org), the Lenya default pubication shipped with Lenya and finally the Lenya authoring UI. As the idea of a contest is new and resources are limited we decided to start with the design of the Lenya website. The website currently has a raw design and is of course driven by Lenya.

  == Design Goals ==

- The lenya website serves two (possibly more ;-)) main goals:
+ The Lenya website serves two (possibly more ;-)) main goals:
- It welcomes new users and informs what lenya is about. This IMO could be done shorter and clearer – with a bit more focus on the overal look of the HP. Returning users might be interested in a news section – feel free to add one in your design.
+ It welcomes new users and informs what Lenya is about. This IMO could be done shorter and clearer – with a bit more focus on the overal look of the HP. Returning users might be interested in a news section – feel free to add one in your design.

- It provides documentation for people evaluating lenya or using it already. For this part of the website the most important aspect is the usability of the documentation: Clarity in structure, text that is easy to read and print; with well designed semantic elements.
+ It provides documentation for people evaluating Lenya or using it already. For this part of the website the most important aspect is the usability of the documentation: Clarity in structure, text that is easy to read and print; with well designed semantic elements.

  == Redesign Process ==

  Feel free to do a redesign the way that suits you best:

  '''Either do the design in a design program and provide png(s)'''
- You find the lenya logo here: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lenya/sandbox/design/docupub-redesign/resources/)
+ You find the Lenya logo here: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lenya/sandbox/design/docupub-redesign/resources/)

  '''Do the redesign directly in css'''
  A zip-Archive of the docu publication is here:

Re: [Lenya Wiki] Trivial Update of "DocuPublicationRedesignContestDraft" by AndreasHartmann

Posted by Jürgen Ragaller <jr...@datacomm.ch>.
Hello Andreas

Am 01.11.2008 um 21:02 schrieb Apache Wiki:

> The comment on the change is:
> Capitalize "Lenya" for branding reasons :)

Oh - sorry for that and thanks for the correction.

Jürgen