Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ricky Clarkson <ri...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/23 18:01:08 UTC

Re: Specifying maven-assembly-plugin descriptors from separate profiles

I think I have an answer.

Have the windows profile set the property
<os-specific-descriptor>windows</os-specific-descriptor>, then in the
installer profile, specify
<descriptor>${os-specific-descriptor}</descriptor>
<descriptor>src/main/assembly/executable.xml</descriptor>.  To reduce
duplication, I'll need a no-installer profile which is activated
whenever installer isn't, but for the moment each OS-specific profile
will specify the descriptor name twice, which is still duplication,
but more localised than before!

Ricky.