Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it> on 2006/10/08 18:35:28 UTC

Test Snapshot Release 4?

David, all,

when will we vote for a new Test Snapshot Release?

Here is a list of open tasks (some of them are minor and/or optional),
based on feedback from the Incubator's guys:

*** From Leo Simons ***

1) You're shipping various libraries and stuff which I know include
NOTICE files of their own, but those notices are not found or referenced
anywhere outside their jars (for example ant.jar has a
META-INF/NOTICE.txt). I would say the NOTICE file should point to those
other notice files that exist somewhere deep within such a big
distribution, but I think that's maybe not a legal requirement.

2) I downloaded the tgz. I always get annoyed when a software release
doesn't extract into an obvious name. Eg `tar zxf apache-of* && cd
apache-of*` should work. Probably a religious subject.

3) the statistical sample (random clicking) of files I opened all have
"copyright 2001-2006 The ASF". I suspect that's wrong, since IIRC ofbiz
wasn't @ apache in 2001. The year 2001 should probably be replaced by
the year when development of ofbiz started @ apache.

4) even if you don't branch, you should really do an `svn tag` for any
release (even RCs). Tagging is basically free, and it provides that much
more clarity on 'what is what'

*** From Robert Burren Donkin ***

5) FYI a source distribution is required but i'm assume that you know
how to svn export

And here are my comments:

#1: completing the NOTICE file is the last big task that we have to
do... and I'm not sure to understand what we have to do to complete it.

#2, #4 are suggestions that we can include to the TSR process (as
documented in the doc site) and can be considered when preparing the
release files.

#5: even if I don't agree with some of Robert's arguments for asking
this, I think that we can easily create such a file for the release

#3: if you want I can work on this... what is the correct copyright
notice that should be used instead?

Jacopo

Removing author related information WAS Re: Test Snapshot Release 4?

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Thanks Marco,

your patch is in svn rev. 454293

Jacopo

Re: Test Snapshot Release 4?

Posted by Marco Risaliti <mr...@libero.it>.
Hi Jacopo,

Re: Test Snapshot Release 4?

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
I'm sorry, here is the Geronimo's NOTICE file.

Jacopo

Re: Test Snapshot Release 4?

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
About the NOTICE file:

Re: Test Snapshot Release 4?

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.

#2 should be easy. I'm not sure if I like the idea of tagging test