Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Tony Dahbura <to...@dahbura.com> on 2003/02/01 17:21:38 UTC

Re: help with custom realm

Amy:
Thanks for the info.  I saw some comments in the server.xml file but am not
sure how to declare the entry in the server.xml file.

<!-- Comment these entries out to disable JMX MBeans support -->
<!-- You may also configure custom components (e.g. Valves/Realms) by
       including your own mbean-descriptor file(s), and setting the
       "descriptors" attribute to point to a ';' seperated list of paths
       (in the ClassLoader sense) of files to add to the default list.
       e.g. descriptors="/com/myfirm/mypackage/mbean-descriptor.xml"
  -->
<Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener"
            debug="0"/>
<Listener
className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener"
            debug="0"/>

Do I want to add the descriptors entry to ServerLifecycleListener or the
GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener?

Also is the pathing based on a root of tomcat home? or the directory the
server xml file resides in?

Thanks,
Tony