Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by nithin91 <ni...@franklintempleton.com> on 2020/04/10 12:56:34 UTC

Ignite Persistence

Hi

Currently we are using ignite as an in-memory cache.We are now trying to
explore the ignite persistence to avoid reloading the caches whenever the
cluster restarts.

Had a walk through of the documentation and have one question.Can any one
help me answer the following question.

For example i have 2 caches, i want to persist data present in one cache but
not the second one.For this i have created two data regions in the bean file
one with persistence enabled that uses the default data region configuration
and the other without persistence with max size of the data region as 500 MB
and mentioned this data region name in the corresponding cache
configuration.

Now my question is, default data region configuration always use i.e. 20
percent of RAM, then does this mean the other data region which is
configured with size of 500 MB uses 500 MB from the RAM other than the 20
percent of the RAM used by default configuration or it uses the 500 MB
allocated for default region configuration.

Re: Ignite Persistence

Posted by nithin91 <ni...@franklintempleton.com>.
Thanks for sharing this useful info

Re: Ignite Persistence

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

All data regions allocate offheap memory separately, so, it will be an
additional 500mb to 20% of the default region. Also, size of the default
region can be configured too.

Evgenii

пт, 10 апр. 2020 г. в 05:56, nithin91 <