Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org> on 2007/03/30 17:41:02 UTC

JIRA subprojects (was: Re: Make status code attribute of seriailzers expandable)

Reinhard Poetz napisał(a):

> Unless we have big concerns, we should have only one series of release
> candidates and than a final release of all modules that have been
> releases as milestones so far. As said some days ago, I plan to
> release in the week after the Easter break.
>
> Releasing more than half of ours modules is *a lot* of work. After the
> series of final releases (scheduled for May), we should only release
> modules that have significant improvements or bugfixes.

I agree with all you said. Now, I wonder if we could create subprojects
for most active Cocoon blocks/modules. Currently we use components for
separation but AFAIK they can't have version independent from owning
project.

Is it technically possible to create these subprojects? Do you agree
that I would be helpful to have them? Speaking for myself I really like
task driven development.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: JIRA subprojects

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Reinhard Poetz napisał(a):
> I guess yes but this will require our own JIRA instance. This
> shouldn't be impossible because other Apache projects have their own
> but I don't know if Infra would be particularly happy with such a
> request.

Can't we just ask them to create those subprojects we need and they give
us administration rights on them? Creation/deletion of these subprojects
should not happen very often so I guess we don't need full control of
project management.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: JIRA subprojects