Posted to dev@training.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2021/11/17 11:31:18 UTC

Guess we've missed the report this time ... [DISCUSS] Should we continue or retire?

Hi all,

I guess we've missed the report this time ... I think in general we should discuss if it's worth continuing to keep this project or not.
Right now all activity happening here is based on who's doing the next board report. I'm trying to keep the tools up to date and regularly update things, but that's about it ...

What do you think?

If there are people that think it's worth keeping it and which become a bit more active, I would support that.
If not, I think I'll simply keep on maintaining my own version of the tools and we should send this project to the attic.

Chris

Re: Guess we've missed the report this time ... [DISCUSS] Should we continue or retire?

Posted by Lars Francke <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

sure, I see no real reason not to. I will try to upload it somewhere next
year. I've set a reminder for myself.

Cheers,
Lars

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Lars Francke <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry for the long silence and I'm sorry to begin almost all my mails
to this list with the exact same apology.
I stopped reading ASF mailing lists for a few months but plan to resume
doing so.

I still believe the idea of the Training project is a good one. For me
personally though the founding of the project almost exactly coincided with
a big change in careers which left me with very little spare time.
We still have content that we'd love to donate but it requires a lot of
work to convert from PowerPoint and update the content etc.
Realistically, that's not going to happen anytime soon.

We talked about the restrictive donation policies (for which I am to blame)
before and I believe no one was against changing any of that (basically a
formality now, no? and as Chris pointed out everyone should have commit
access anyway.

Thank you everyone for stepping up with the reports and content and
especially the tooling updates Chris, thank you!

Cheers,
Lars

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
The tooling... Not the rolling

Holen Sie sich Outlook für Android<https://aka.ms/AAb9ysg>

Posted by Austin Bennett <wh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.

Posted by Alexis TADIFO <al...@gmail.com>.

AW: Guess we've missed the report this time ... [DISCUSS] Should we continue or retire?

Posted by Alexis TADIFO <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello Christofer and Daryl,

Founder of "DUG Talks" from the Data User Group (www.dugtalks.com<http://www.dugtalks.com>) unleashed by DFHEINZ, LLC
Founder of Veterans In Artifical Intelligence - VIAI - www.veteransinai.org<http://www.veteransinai.org>