Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/17 18:58:53 UTC

[SDO Java] things to be done for SDO release - please help

This release is running later than I had hoped due to extra jiras being
added to the plan, and a few issues that have come up after recent fixe, so
we are a bit behind where I'd proposed we should be in terms of getting this
release out.  Please help with some of these TODOs if you can.  If you plan
to tackle anything please post here so that we don't overlap;  I'll do the
same.

these are the things that I think are "must-fix"

1143 -- the issues re test failures are being resolved   -- david's working
on this
1429 -- i've looked at this and it is fine apart from the casting to
HelperContextImpls -- i put a note on the jira,
1428 -- note appended to jira asking for code to exercise/demonstrate the
fix

other issues raised on the list

the pom has a "provided scope" dependency on stax  -- I will fix this as per
my note to tuscany-dev
use rat results to fix license header issues and post rat results
check that all recent fixes in the trunk since the branch was made have
equivalent fixes in the branch

the following have been raised by comments on RC1

NOTICE files (create separate ones for impl and bin and ensure no disclaimer
contained)
need to update release notes with descriptive para and fixed jiras
need to remove dependencies on snapshot plugins (rfeng 13/7)
should remove EPL license from src distro
add stax reference in bin distro license
add readme to bin distro samples folder
fix up runsamples scripts to be more robust/helpful and ensure that the
runsamples.sh script runs ok in a linux env
fix up bad javadoc links in samples index.html
exclude samples infrastructure classes from samples javadoc
fix link back to tuscany site from overview.html to point to the get
involved page
incorporate Haleh's suggested paragraph [1] into overview.html

and some of my own todos that I hope to get to
ensure consistency of each sample program's javadoc to point back to central
instructions for running samples
put an overview doc into the sdo lib project's javadoc
add the change summary aspects of the medical scenario sample

[1]
b) You could remove the first sentence since it does not really make sense.
How about .. Apache Tuscany SDO Samples are provided here to help users
learn SDO.'index by SDO subproject ' lists the different samples available
to you. These samples provide a starting point for learning SDO and can be
extended and enhanced to experiment with other available SDO features.
Please help us enhance these samples by sending your feedback to Tuscany
mailing list or join us and contribute to this project <get involved link>.

Re: [SDO Java] things to be done for SDO release - please help

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.
I did 15 and am now looking at applying T-1429
Kelvin.

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.
16 is done,  will now do ...

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.
16 is done,  will now do ...

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.
12 is done

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.
12 is done

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.
11 seemed to be a no-op
13 is done
14 is done

leaving ...

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.
11 seemed to be a no-op
13 is done
14 is done

leaving ...

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.

Fwd: [SDO Java] things to be done for SDO release - please help

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.
I posted the attached note yesterday in response to Fuhwei's comments,  but
unfortunately fell foul of the unexpected missing reply-to issue (eee
my P.S.).

Regard, Kelvin.

P.S. I'm not sure if it's my configuration or that of some people who
respond to the list,  but I seem to get a small proportion of responses to
my posts on the lists that come back to me on my personal email address and
secondly to tuscany-dev.  When this happens I do not see a "reply-to" field
set to tuscany-dev AT ws.apache.org and so if I only hit "reply" then the
posting goes to the sender alone.  Unfortunately the gmail "Reply to All"
button is a bit hidden,  so sometimes my responses to these messages go to
the sender alone.  Does anyone have any suggestions.  Is this my problem
alone or is there any way that could people look at the way that they
respond to the list to make sure that they are sending to the list first,
and optionally the poster second.

Posted by Fuhwei Lwo <fu...@bricemedia.com>.
Kelvin,

[...]

The local helper context (from SDOUtil.createHelperContext()) is associated with the local package registry. If the model packages get/put operations failed, the delegation chain is builtInModelRegistry then EPackage.Registry.INSTANCE

kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com> wrote: This release is running later than I had hoped due to extra jiras being