Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Narayan, Anand" <AN...@e-gatematrix.com> on 2004/04/27 23:27:22 UTC

Index directory name

I am having a problem with using a network path for the index directory.
If I use a path of the form  //server/indexdir   the IndexWriter finds it
and
indexes documents but the IndexSearcher throws an exception saying it is
not a valid path.
I cannot use a local path as I need to be able to support a common index
directory
for a clustered environment.
What is the best solution in this case?

Thanks