Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Sumitb74 <su...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/04 09:20:43 UTC

JVM exited unexpectedly

Hi,

We are facing frequent issues with activemq, wanted to check if there is any
solution to this.

ActiveMQ version 5.14.1
ActiveMQ is started and running on windows as service. We see the following
message in wrapper log

/*JVM exited unexpectedly
Launching a JVM...*
/
after this we see the following error in the wrapper log

*/ERROR | Failed to start Apache ActiveMQ ([localhost,
ID:XXXX-64141-1536039982118-1:1], java.io.IOException: Transport Connector
could not be registered in JMX: java.io.IOException: Failed to bind to
server socket:
tcp://0.0.0.0:61616?maximumConnections=1000&wireFormat.maxFrameSize=104857600
due to: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind)/

*

After this ActiveMQ does not start and every time we have Address already in
use message in log file.  I checked using netstat, it does not return the
port 61616 as used.

Only solution here is to restart the VM where ActiveMQ is running. After
that everything is back up.

Is there any other solution to this?

Thanks in Advance

Regards,
Sumit

Re: JVM exited unexpectedly

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
This sounds like a question for StackOverflow, since it boils down to "Why
does my JVM on Windows say that it can't bind to the port even though
netstat says that no process is bound to that port?" Nothing in that
question is ActiveMQ-specific, and SO has a wider audience (and a wider
audience of people who know any Windows-specific aspects of troubleshooting
networking).

Tim