Posted to ftpserver-dev@incubator.apache.org by "Subramaniam, Parthiban (RBC Dexia IS)" <pa...@RBCDexia-IS.com> on 2006/05/18 13:21:33 UTC

logging

Hi all,
Apologies unfortunately I'm unable to actively participate in the on
going debates.

A few points

What ever you do please please add more logging, at the moment its very
minimal

Let the request handler be configurable, it's hard coded in the
requestHandler class but its best avoided

On many occasions for our current active deployment I have modified this
class and the classes which serve a command,

This makes it hard for me to update and keep in line with the latest
stable release

Cheers,
Parthi

____________________________________
This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient(s) is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately and delete this e-mail.

	The contents of any attachment to this e-mail may contain software viruses or other defect which might affect your own computer system once received or opened. While companies under RBC Dexia Investor Services Trust and its affiliates take reasonable precautions to minimize that risk, we cannot accept liability or responsibility for any damage or loss which may occur or be sustained as a result of a software virus or other defect. You are responsible for virus checks before opening any attachment.

Re: logging

Posted by Rana Bhattacharyya <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

   You are right about the logging. It is very minimal
now. The command factory is a separate component which
is configurable. Please use the latest version.

Thanks,
Rana Bhattacharyya

--- "Subramaniam, Parthiban (RBC Dexia IS)"

http://mail.yahoo.com