Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Daniel Zhang <zh...@clinicaltools.com> on 2003/05/19 21:22:23 UTC

SOAP source compiling

I am facing difficulties to compile SOAP source files. Due to some
modifications for SOAP header and envelop, I need to compile whole SOAP
package and build a new soap.jar.  However, NetBean gave me so many
errors claiming missing packages needed, such as com.ibm.xmi.*,  I
googled and searched at ibm.com and can not
find it.  There is a link on  Apache SOAP  troubleshooting page  but the
link is broken.  I wonder  if we can find such a page and list all
packages and its download places needed for SOAP source compiling.

So I tried to compile individual Java source file like Header.java,  it
worked and generated Header.class, I replaced the old Header.class in
soap.jar with the newly generated Header.class(I used WINZIP Tool),
however, there is NO change I expected in SOAP Envelop and header I just
modified, I have no clue.

Anyone who went through the same thing could enlighten me? Thanks a lot!

-Daniel  ****

Re: SOAP source compiling

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Your best experience would be to use ant.  The build file will check
for the presence of optional jars, such as those to support XMI, and
skip compilation if the jars are not present.

On 19 May 2003 at 15:22, Daniel Zhang wrote:

> I am facing difficulties to compile SOAP source files. Due to some
> modifications for SOAP header and envelop, I need to compile whole SOAP
> package and build a new soap.jar.  However, NetBean gave me so many
> errors claiming missing packages needed, such as com.ibm.xmi.*,  I
> googled and searched at ibm.com and can not
> find it.  There is a link on  Apache SOAP  troubleshooting page  but the
> link is broken.  I wonder  if we can find such a page and list all
> packages and its download places needed for SOAP source compiling.
>
> So I tried to compile individual Java source file like Header.java,  it
> worked and generated Header.class, I replaced the old Header.class in
> soap.jar with the newly generated Header.class(I used WINZIP Tool),
> however, there is NO change I expected in SOAP Envelop and header I just
> modified, I have no clue.
>
> Anyone who went through the same thing could enlighten me? Thanks a lot!
>
> -Daniel  ****

Scott Nichol

Do not reply directly to this e-mail address,
as it is filtered to only receive e-mail from
specific mailing lists.