Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Milamber <mi...@apache.org> on 2013/07/12 10:19:40 UTC

Move Templates... menu to the first position on File menu ?

Hello,

Perhaps, I would be better to move the Templates... menu to the first
position on File menu?

(and perhaps, add a New menu (as a clone of Close menu) before, like
toolbar?)

Milamber

Re: Move Templates... menu to the first position on File menu ?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 13 July 2013 22:29, Milamber <mi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Le 12/07/2013 14:28, sebb a ecrit :
>
>> On 12 July 2013 09:19, Milamber <mi...@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Perhaps, I would be better to move the Templates... menu to the first
>>> position on File menu?
>>
>> Perhaps.
>>
>>> (and perhaps, add a New menu (as a clone of Close menu) before, like
>>> toolbar?)
>>
>> New and Close do exactly the same thing; it might be better to drop
>> New from the icon Toolbar.
>>
>> New is usually used to create a new document alongside an existing
>> one, so its use here is perhaps misleading.
>

> I don't agree, the New button must remain on toolbar. For beginner user,
> it's a usual action (like Paint or Notepad applications on Windows with
> their New menu).

JMeter never had a New menu item - it has only ever appeared as an icon.

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 12 July 2013 09:19, Milamber <mi...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Perhaps, I would be better to move the Templates... menu to the first
> position on File menu?

Perhaps.