Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Eric Douglas <ed...@blockhouse.com> on 2010/08/05 16:24:53 UTC

Eclipse Build - fail?

I have FOP source in an Eclipse Ant project.  I right click on the
build.xml file and select run as ant build.  This used to work.  Now I
get messages in the console and it tells me build successful but the jar
doesn't update.  What could I be missing?  The most significant change I
have that could have broken it is I installed the maven eclipse plugin.

RE: Eclipse Build - fail?

Posted by Eric Douglas <ed...@blockhouse.com>.
I did figure out why I kept getting build successful without getting a
new fop.jar.  Apparently the ant script was telling it not to update the
jar when it already exists.  I worked around it by adding a delete
method in the script before the part where it gets initially created.

I don't use the Ant script to compile FOP inside Eclipse. I only use
"ant resourcegen" on the command-line for code generation. From there I
set up a normal Eclipse Java project.

And besides, IMO the Maven Eclipse plugin is trouble. I've uninstalled
it long ago and I'm using "mvn eclipse:eclipse" where I have no other
choice than to use Maven.

On 05.08.2010 16:24:53 Eric Douglas wrote:
> I have FOP source in an Eclipse Ant project.  I right click on the
> build.xml file and select run as ant build.  This used to work.  Now I

> get messages in the console and it tells me build successful but the
> jar doesn't update.  What could I be missing?  The most significant
> change I have that could have broken it is I installed the maven
eclipse plugin.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Eclipse Build - fail?

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.