Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Benfell <be...@parts-unknown.org> on 2014/04/09 08:00:35 UTC

[users@httpd] 2.4 authn problem

Hi all,

Thanks especially to the heartbleed bug, I'm trying to make the jump
to 2.4. I'm trying to adapt my old 2.2 configuration. I've run into
this:

httpd: Syntax error on line 173 of
/usr/local/apache2.4/conf/httpd.conf: Can't locate API module
structure `authn_alias_module' in file
/usr/local/apache2.4/modules/mod_authn_core.so:
/usr/local/apache2.4/modules/mod_authn_core.so: undefined symbol:
authn_alias_module

What does it want? I'm definitely no apache guru but this sounds to me
like a missing prerequisite. Is that right? What do I need to do?

Thanks!
--
David Benfell <be...@parts-unknown.org>
See https://parts-unknown.org/node/2 if you don't understand the

Re: [users@httpd] 2.4 authn problem

Posted by David Benfell <be...@parts-unknown.org>.
On Wed, Apr 09, 2014 at 12:07:25AM -0600, Eric Covener wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 12:00 AM, David Benfell
> <be...@parts-unknown.org> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >

> It looks like your first and second parameter to LoadModule don't
> match. Change the second parameter to authn_core_module to match the
> first.

Thank you! I now have a clean syntax check. And yes, that was an idiot
error on just about the level I expected. ;-)

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
<be...@parts-unknown.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks especially to the heartbleed bug, I'm trying to make the jump
> to 2.4. I'm trying to adapt my old 2.2 configuration. I've run into
> this:
>
> httpd: Syntax error on line 173 of
> /usr/local/apache2.4/conf/httpd.conf: Can't locate API module
> structure `authn_alias_module' in file
> /usr/local/apache2.4/modules/mod_authn_core.so:
> /usr/local/apache2.4/modules/mod_authn_core.so: undefined symbol:
> authn_alias_module

upgrading.html says:

  The functionality provided by mod_authn_alias in previous versions
(i.e., the AuthnProviderAlias directive) has been moved into
mod_authn_core.

If you started with a 2.2 conf (bad idea), you'd comment out the
mod_authn_alias module and add a loadmodule for mod_authn_core.