Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jason Ferguson <fe...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/12 19:11:12 UTC

Unable to Load Configuration

I'm trying in the middle of converting an app from struts 1.3 to
2.2.1.1. I'm trying to run the app using the Maven jetty plugin, but
am getting the following Exception thrown on attempting to execute mvn
jetty:run:

2011-03-12 07:49:53.447:WARN::Failed startup of context JettyWebAppContext@a63bd
d@a63bdd/,file:/C:/Programming/Projects/jasonsportfolio/adpetracking-refactor/sr
c/main/webapp/,file:/C:/Programming/Projects/jasonsportfolio/adpetracking-refact
or/src/main/webapp/
Unable to load configuration. - Class: org.gjt.xpp.jaxp11.SAXParserFactoryImpl|F
ile: SAXParserFactoryImpl.java|Method: newSAXParser|Line: 100 - org/gjt/xpp/jaxp
11/SAXParserFactoryImpl.java:100:-1
(stacktrace snipped)
Unable to load configuration. - Class: org.gjt.xpp.jaxp11.SAXParserFactoryImpl|F
ile: SAXParserFactoryImpl.java|Method: newSAXParser|Line: 100 - org/gjt/xpp/jaxp
11/SAXParserFactoryImpl.java:100:-1
(snipped again)
Unable to load file:/C:/Programming/Projects/jasonsportfolio/adpetracking-refact
or/target/classes/struts.xml - Class: org.gjt.xpp.jaxp11.SAXParserFactoryImpl|Fi
le: SAXParserFactoryImpl.java|Method: newSAXParser|Line: 100 - org/gjt/xpp/jaxp1
1/SAXParserFactoryImpl.java:100:-1

Unable to create SAX parser - Class: org.gjt.xpp.jaxp11.SAXParserFactoryImpl|Fil
e: SAXParserFactoryImpl.java|Method: newSAXParser|Line: 100 - org/gjt/xpp/jaxp11
/SAXParserFactoryImpl.java:100:-1

Caused by:
javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException: validation is not supported

I've got xerces in my lib, and struts.xml is in the classpath. I'm stumped.

Jason

Re: Unable to Load Configuration

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
Under what server? I usually suspect conflicting Xerces libs, but it's
hard to say not knowing *anything* about your app, your libs, your
environment, etc. Doesn't look like anything related to Struts 2,
though, at this point.

Dave