Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/12 17:26:50 UTC

javabin in .NET?

Has anyone looked into using the javabin response format from .NET
(instead of SolrJ)?

It's mainly a curiosity.

How much better could performance/bandwidth/throughput be?  How
difficult would it be to implement some .NET code (C#, I'd guess being
the best choice) to handle this response format?

Thanks,
	Erik

Re: javabin in .NET?

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 5:55 PM, Mauricio Scheffer
<ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yep, I think I mostly nailed the unmarshalling. Need more tests though. And
> then integrate it to SolrNet.
> Is there any way (or are there any plans) to have an update handler that
> accepts javabin?
There is already one . look at BinaryRequestWriter.
But I would say that may not make a lot of difference as indexing is a
back-end operation and slight perf improvements won't make much
difference.

Re: javabin in .NET?

Posted by Mauricio Scheffer <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: javabin in .NET?

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.

Re: javabin in .NET?

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.

Re: javabin in .NET?

Posted by Mauricio Scheffer <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: javabin in .NET?

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.

Re: javabin in .NET?

Posted by Mauricio Scheffer <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: javabin in .NET?

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.

Re: javabin in .NET?

Posted by Mauricio Scheffer <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: javabin in .NET?

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.

Re: javabin in .NET?

Posted by Mauricio Scheffer <ma...@gmail.com>.
Like I said before, it has served me and other people very well so far.
AFAIK there is no StAX implementation for .Net, there is XmlReader but it's
quite more complex to use than XmlDocument (DOM).
Of course, I always welcome patches.

Cheers,
Mauricio

Re: javabin in .NET?