Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Matthew England <me...@mengland.net> on 2004/11/15 19:24:04 UTC

[users@httpd] Using alternative SSL port: 8080 works, but 444 does not?

Per the note at the end of this email, I'm am setting up "an
offline-testing", non-production server to I can maintenance-muddle without
having to mess up my users.

It looks as if I can get a completely-separate httpd instance (with a
different <-f conf-file> parameter then the "production" one) to run
independently with no problem.

However, I can't get port 444 to work for some reason.  This works:

https://example.com:8080/

...but this does not:

https://example.com:444/

Any thoughts as to why?

I have to run for lunch, but if I can't figure it out by then, I'll post my
config and other info later.

(Yes, I do believe I have all my virtual-hosting configured correctly and
my firewall is open on these ports--I know I did it right for port 8080,
because it works, even with the SSL engine.)

-Matt

At 11/15/2004 11:43 AM, Matthew England wrote
from "Re: [users@httpd] Qs: server maintenance, URL redirection, etc":

Re: [users@httpd] Using alternative SSL port: 8080 works, but 444 does not?

Posted by Götz Lohmann <go...@mrblackrose.de>.
Matthew England schrieb:

> On my redhat9 system, 'netstat -anp | grep :444' shows nothing before
> I start my "offline server," and it registers the following line when
> my "offline server" runs:
>
> tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:444             0.0.0.0:*
> LISTEN      5633/httpd
>
> ...just as I would expect.
>
> So nothing else seems to be "stomping on" Port 444...from this little
> analysis, anyway.
>
> More after lunch.
> -Matt

did you check the logs?