Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2017/12/30 05:09:27 UTC

IsoTPProtocol tests

Hi,

I just checked in some IsoTPProtocol tests and notice that he header size was off in one case. [1] Someone mind double checking for me as I’m not familiar with the protocol and was just going with what was in the code.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-plc4x/commit/29098a867fd355e9772623b02477e4e37612ea60

Re: IsoTPProtocol tests

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Justin,

I just had a look at your changes … wow … you seem to have implemented quite a lot of the tests for that protocol.

Unfortunately, I had not quite gotten the time to implement them and just started experimenting when the whole “incubation” thing started and Christmas came ;-)

We are using the ISO TP Protocol in “class 0” as this is the only class supported over TCP. For that class, a Disconnect Confirm isn’t defined (See section 13.1 of [1]). I Think I started implementing all types and codes of the ISO TP Protocol according to the spec, but then soon dropped most of that as I noticed I need only the things required for Class 0 connections. But you are correct, it should be 6 instead of 8, so I think your changes are correct. But eventually we should remove the Disconnect Confirm interpretation completely as we will never receive such a packet.

Initially I had a lot of documentation in the encoders and decoders, but when migrating from Apache Mina to Netty some time ago, I think a lot of that got lost. I definitely need to go through the code again and write those code comments again.

Chris

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc905#section-13.1