Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Tim Heckman <th...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/06 22:36:49 UTC

script transformer vs. custom transformer

This might be a dumb question, but should I expect that a custom
transformer written in java will perform better than a javascript
script transformer?

Or does the javascript get compiled to bytecode such that there really
should not be much difference between the two?

Of course, the bigger performance issue I'm dealing with is getting
the data out of the SQL database as quickly as possible, but I'm
curious about the performance implications of a script transform vs.
the same transform done in java.

thanks,
Tim

Re: script transformer vs. custom transformer

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
The javascript will be slower. There is no bytecode compilation.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com